After Tet, the thing that makes many people, especially women, feel depressed is the number on the scale. During Tet, people think that if you relax a bit, then after the New Year, you will return to the same shape as before. However, to be honest, “losing weight has never been so easy”.
That’s not to say that you can’t successfully lose weight. In fact, losing weight is a process that requires hard work, perseverance and discipline, even with eating or exercising. And just make a few mistakes in that “process”, your weight loss effect can return… 0.
Sharing on the Eat This, Not That! page, Victoria Brady, a coach of FYT – a large personal training center in the United States, recommended 5 habits people need to quit as soon as possible if they want to push. speed up your weight loss process.
1. You are mindlessly snacking
According to Brady, binge eating or mindless eating will hinder your weight loss process. That’s because you won’t be able to track your calorie intake and can lead to overeating.
Brady explains: “Regardless of whether what you eat is considered a ‘healthy’ food, overeating can turn out to be a bad thing. Instead, control portion sizes so you can track calories. Consuming during the day and minimizing overeating will be more beneficial to your weight loss plan.”
2. You’re skipping meals
As Brady explains, skipping meals puts your body into “survival mode”. That means your body performs conservation of energy based on calories consumed. And by the time those calories are gone, you’re more likely to eat high-calorie foods, most of which are often low in nutrients, like fast food. As a result, you become uncontrollable eating again and the weight does not lose at all.
3. Choose high-calorie drinks
A lot of drinks such as fruit juice, soda water, wine… are consumed during Tet holidays, but they can contain more calories than you think. Brady says: “Many people don’t know how many calories and sugars in palatable drinks usually have. So if left unchecked, it will lead to consuming too much sugar. The result can lead to weight gain. In particular, drinking alcohol.” Alcohol can also slow down your metabolism.
If during Tet, you are comfortable with choosing drinks, then after Tet you need to change immediately – don’t choose high-calorie drinks. This is also helpful for weight loss.
4. You don’t get enough rest
Returning to work while the “holiday life cycle” has not really ended, many people have not returned to their normal schedule and rest time is still being cut. You need to know that not getting enough rest is also a reason for not being able to lose weight.
Don’t underestimate the power of a good night’s sleep and post-workout recovery. According to research by scientists at the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California (USA) stored at the National Center for Biotechnology Information (USA), the more you cut back on rest, the more you can more likely to gain weight.
Talking about this, Brady said: “Your body cannot recover, even hormonal imbalances, stimulate appetite, especially eating foods rich in carbs and calories when you lack sleep. You also need to keep in mind that rest days are very important. weight, plus exercise, you can reach a steady state during weight loss”.
5. Exercising too much and forgetting about nutritional supplements
Exercise is key in any weight loss program. Therefore, after Tet, many people want to urgently lose weight, so they have worked hard to exercise non-stop, even exercising with high intensity and ignoring eating. But in reality, this workout routine can be counterproductive. Workout needs to be done under control, plus there’s a healthy balance between exercise and nutrition. Because, as Brady says, you won’t lose weight if you have “a bad diet”.
She explained: “This is where the 80/20 rule for weight loss comes into play. 80% of weight loss is based on what you eat while the other 20% is based on what you do, aka exercise. Because. So this means you can’t just put in the effort of exercising and have a bad diet.No matter how long you train, if the diet is high in calories, you won’t lose weight.You have to burn. burn more calories than you consume”.