First race – video: Red Bull
There is an eternal question that is rarely verified: Which F1 or MotoGP racing car is faster? Red Bull has tried to find the answer by sponsoring a rare drag race.
The race features an F1 car, a MotoGP motorcycle, two rally racing cars and a Ford Transit “Supervan”.
If you race on a full road, an F1 car will usually win, as the larger surface area of the road helps provide better grip than two-wheeled motorbikes. But running short distances directly can yield unexpected results.
In this rare race, the cars used are Red Bull RB8 F1 850 HP, KTM RC16 MotoGP 270 HP, Peugeot 208 WRX 600 HP, Ford Puma WRC 550 HP and Ford Transit Supervan 4 2,040 HP.
Cars competing – Photo: Red Bull
Cars with “lightning” speed held 3 races. The van only took part in the final race.
All three times, a MotoGP car driven by Spanish racer Dani Pedrosa finished first.
Meanwhile, the F1 car driven by New Zealand driver Liam Lawson finished second in the first race, but lost to the “Super Van” in the final race.
Apparently so, when French driver Romain Dumas, known for his endurance racing, revealed a “supervan” with more than double the capacity of an F1!
The third race featured a Ford Transit Supervan – Video: Red Bull
In the video below, many were amazed by the results:
– Still I used to think MotoGP cars were too slow.
– I never thought that MotoGP cars would beat F1.
– Someone once said that the magic of F1 racing cars lies not in the straight lines, but in the curves.
– When I saw the van running at the speed of an F1 racing car, my mouth was wide open in surprise.
Seeing a Ford Transit van beat an F1 car in a drag race made me doubt my life.
– I really want to watch the whole race. I think the F1 car will beat the van, but want to see how hard it is to win.
– Drive the van to the Grand Prix as fast as possible. And ask Max Vanstappen to take the wheel. (This guy plays on words with the name of famous F1 driver Max Verstappen – PV)
– I like that they didn’t remove the driver to save weight, even though drag racing doesn’t require a map reader like rally racing does.
(TagstoTranslate)Car Racing(T)Car F1(T)MotoGP(T)Drag Racing