In addition to Tel Aviv, sirens were also heard in Rishon LeZion, Bat Yam, Givatayim, Ramat Gan, Holon and many other cities.
In a clip posted above Times of Israel, A rocket launched from the Gaza Strip hit the side of a highway near the city of Rehovot in central Israel, affecting electrical systems and causing widespread power outages.
A picture of a power pole on fire along a highway near the Israeli city of Rehovot, caused by an airstrike – Photo: Times of Israel
Meanwhile, Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesman Daniel Hagari said they would continue limited ground attacks on Gaza. The raids will be conducted “tonight” and will be intensified in the coming days.
Earlier on October 26, the IDF revealed a night raid by tank and infantry forces in Gaza and then withdrew to Israel the same day.
Mr Hagari said the IDF was still carrying out other major air and sea attacks on Gaza, focused on killing senior Hamas members. During the day, they also announced that they had killed three senior Hamas commanders in airstrikes.
The IDF ground attacks are not yet the large-scale ground attacks that Israeli leaders talk about, but according to the IDF they are part of preparations for the next phase.
Speaking on 26 October, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Galant confirmed that the ground attack that the country has repeatedly mentioned will “happen soon”.
Image of Israeli tanks attacking northern Gaza at night – Photo: Reuters
theo reuters, The heads of foreign ministries of nine Arab countries, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Jordan, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Egypt and Morocco, on 26 October condemned the targeting of civilians by Israeli forces and “violations of international law”. ” Condemned it. “In Gaza.
In a joint statement, nine Arab countries said Israel’s right to self-defense cannot justify actions affecting Palestinians following the October 7 Hamas attack.
The same views were expressed by European Union (EU) leaders on the same day within the framework of the summit in Brussels-Belgium. CNBC.
According to Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, military action is necessary to respond to Hamas, but it needs to be done with minimal harm to civilians. Meanwhile, Belgian Prime Minister Alexander De Croo also stressed that Israel’s right to self-defense cannot justify the blockade of Gaza and the interruption of humanitarian aid.
Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez stressed the need for a ceasefire to allow all the aid needed by Palestinians to reach Gaza.
The Palestinian Red Crescent Association said on 26 October that 12 more trucks from the Egyptian Red Crescent carrying food, medicine and medical supplies passed through the Rafah border gate between Egypt and Gaza.
A total of 74 trucks carrying aid supplies have passed through Rafah since the blockade of Gaza, a very small number compared to the amount of aid needed.
A truck carrying aid with workers wearing shirts with the Red Crescent symbol arrives in the town of Khan Yunis in southern Gaza on October 26 – Photo: Reuters
The same day, Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad al-Maliki, appearing in The Hague (Netherlands), said that Israel needed to agree to a complete ceasefire to allow humanitarian aid to enter Gaza. He also accused Israel’s actions in the conflict of being a “retaliatory strike” aimed at destroying Gaza.