Having fulfilled her role as a student, the female leader is currently the vice president of the Vietnamese Student Association in Ho Chi Minh City. in the same conversation Youth With only a few days left before the opening of the 7th Congress of the Vietnamese Student Union in Ho Chi Minh City, the female leader shared:
– As if by fate, I joined the student union in my first year of university. Studying, doing scientific research, and participating in associations helped me quickly form a way of looking at and evaluating problems, especially an interest in getting to the end of a problem and finding results and solutions.
Know what you are doing
* Did you ever think that you would become a student leader?
– There are no. When I entered college, I never thought about or wanted to become an association officer, even though I had participated in many team and union activities in high school. I honestly want to spend more time studying my major in university.
But when I joined the Students’ Union and became the Vice President of the Students’ Union at the end of my first year of university, I realized that I still liked the union and union activities.
It was when I asked myself questions, urging me to find answers to the question of how to improve the student movement, that I knew and wanted to dedicate myself wholeheartedly to the path of becoming an association officer .
*Business Administration major’s graduation score is 89.9/100, what is your secret to balancing studies and activities?
– Actually, at first I was under a lot of stress, I felt like 24 hours a day were not enough. At times I struggled and was always in a state of stress, although I had decided that studies were the most important thing.
I also have a job as a research assistant for the Center for Public Management at the school. In the first phase, I was put in charge of a research project on online learning practices of students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
At the time, the union-association was also trying to find ways to make online teaching more effective. I took those early research results and integrated them into union-association activities, gradually finding ways to support you, until suddenly I realized that scientific research and union-association activities could go together perfectly.
I applied the same formula in studies and it became easier to handle homework. Then apply organizational and human management practices to club and team activities at school…
That was the moment I realized the simple secret I had been struggling to find for so long. That means don’t try to find balance. Just keep everything on one track, Youth Association – Association activities happen even when you are learning and studies are equipping yourself with knowledge for the activities.
Students should be well supported
* Is it easy to see that you are most excited when you talk about the growth of the student movement?
– It is true that I have many worries. I am very interested in transforming into a model of financial freedom. This is a story that directly impacts students. When becoming autonomous, it is not unusual for schools to raise tuition levels. We expect that increased tuition fees will go hand in hand with improvements in educational quality and that students will benefit from this educational environment.
However, I am interested in how our association will support students struggling with that problem. How to ensure that no student is left behind?
Because good quality education should not only reach the economically capable people, but should reach everyone. The role of the society including the student union is to ensure that no student is left behind.
* Are you interested in digital transformation, which is a trend that students cannot stay out of?
– We’ve heard a lot recently about national digital transformation goals, and these goals are in place across the board and almost every entity. For students, I think the closest and most intimate thing is to have digital competence, especially digital skills and life skills in general.
That problem needs to be systematically invested in, not just with the perspective or responsibility of one organization or individual, but in collaboration with multiple stakeholders. You have to start with small things but need to be specific. I think many of the current activities are of an agitational nature, calling for big things but paying little attention to results.
(TagstoTranslate)Nguyen Thi Chau Anh(T)HCMC Student Leader(T)Vietnamese Student Union(T)Student Support(T)Support for Difficult Students(T)Life Skills(T)Ho Chi Minh City Vietnamese Student Union Congress