talk with Youth Shortly after being re-elected as president of the Vietnamese Students Union of Ho Chi Minh City, Tran Thu Ha, deputy secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Youth Union, said:
– The term that just ended is extremely special because it lasted only three years (2020 – 2023), but more than half of the term came exactly when the COVID-19 pandemic broke out. Many activities of the association could not go as planned. But looking at what has been done, we can clearly see the efforts and efforts of the association to overcome the difficulties from the city level to the grassroots level.
Fire proves to be gold, a tough challenge
* As you just mentioned, what are the outstanding points in the student movement in Ho Chi Minh City during the special session?
– First of all we should talk about the spread and development of 5 good student movements. Despite the impact of the pandemic and changes in norms, the number of students registering for training and being awarded degrees at all levels is increasing every year.
For some schools, it is no longer a student union movement, but has become a content in the school’s work plan, even development strategy.
It is impossible not to mention the efforts to overcome difficulties and the volunteer spirit of “Pioneer – Support – Adapt”.
Most obviously, during the COVID-19 pandemic, a large number of students came forward voluntarily to help fight the pandemic and recover from its consequences. It is also a series of support activities to support students in the difficult circumstances affected by the pandemic.
The creation of the association also had a certain impact when a new association was established in six schools in Ho Chi Minh City. There are currently 61 association facilities, 442 joint branches and 8,641 branches in Ho Chi Minh City, with 560,000 members. The student body also has approximately 5,000 clubs and groups at all levels.
The city also recognized a team of young, dynamic and creative members of the association, mostly Gen Z, creating a colorful picture of activities. And Ho Chi Minh City is still the country’s leading entity in the number of models and solutions awarded 9-1 awards by the Vietnam Student Association.
* In difficult circumstances, but still “scoring” activities, will this create pressure for what is to come?
– Each term, each period always faces challenges and difficulties, not just the last term, and the Association “scored” with its own unique points. This will not be a pressure, but it will require a worthy legacy of the results created by previous generations.
The coming term poses new problems with unprecedented frequency, scale and level of impact.
In the current era, the needs of city construction and development create many new needs, which require more youth, including students. For this the student union is required to raise the flag to rally and promote the students in the right places and jobs required for the city, people and society.
I believe that “fire tests the gold, hardship tests the strength”, the Student Union can do this.
stand shoulder to shoulder with students
* What is the role of the Association in the digital transformation goal where students are expected to be the leading force?
– With the orientation of developing the knowledge economy, digital economy and digital society, the generation of students – citizens in the digital age needs to possess the necessary skills to meet today’s high-quality human resources requirements. To be able to meet national and city digital transformation goals in a practical, comprehensive and effective way, students’ digital competence is one of the important axes.
The solution to improving and supporting digital capabilities for students in this session focuses on the movement and program to mentor, accompany and support students. This is not new as it is being implemented but it needs to be done strongly to reach more students.
The City Student Association plays a leading role with the school to help equip and improve digital capabilities for students, and to implement the project “Improving digital capabilities for the city’s youth” in the period 2023 – 2027. Will jointly organize youth union to create solutions for.
* How can students clearly identify the association as a partner when needed?
– I think it has and will continue to clearly reaffirm the role of a student’s partner. Firstly, it is necessary to develop scholarship sources and advise on the prompt implementation of the project “Helping students access credit sources to support their studies” and advise on job introduction.
Equipping with social practice skills as well as focusing on factors that prepare students to participate in the labor market, establish careers and start businesses. There will be a new way of working after the survey process, taking into account the orientation needs of students regarding this issue.
It is also important to support and improve the cultural and spiritual life of students. Pay special attention to the care and improvement of mental health, to help students overcome the pressures and challenges in the journey to adulthood.
(TagstoTranslate)Ho Chi Minh City Seventh Congress of the Vietnamese Student Union(T)Student(T)Student Congress(T)Tran Thu Ha(T)Vietnamese Student Union