The situation of COVID-19 epidemic in Vietnam
Since the beginning of the epidemic, Vietnam has had 11,349,223 infections, ranking 12/227 countries and territories, while with the ratio of infections/1 million people, Vietnam ranks 112/227 countries and regions territory (on average, there are 114,439 infections for every 1 million people).
Graph of the number of COVID-19 cases in Vietnam over the past time
Treatment situation for COVID-19
1. Number of recovered patients:
– The patient was announced to be cured within the day: 9,223 cases
– Total number of cured cases: 9,982,345 cases
2. The number of patients who are breathing oxygen is 78 cases, of which:
– Breathing oxygen through a mask: 67 cases
– HFNC high flow oxygen: 5 cases
– Non-invasive mechanical ventilation: 1 case
– Invasive mechanical ventilation: 5 cases
– ECMO: 0 ca
3. Number of patients who died:
– From 17h30 on 07/8 to 17h30 on 08/8, recorded 0 deaths.
– Average number of deaths recorded in the past 07 days: 0 cases.
– The total number of deaths from COVID-19 in Vietnam so far is 43,094 cases, accounting for 0.4% of the total number of infections.
– The total number of deaths ranked 24/227 territories, the number of deaths per 1 million people ranked 134/227 countries and territories in the world. Compared to Asia, the total number of deaths ranked 6/49 (3rd in ASEAN), deaths per 1 million people ranked 27/49 Asian countries and territories (5th in ASEAN).
Situation of vaccination against COVID-19
On August 7, 183,713 doses of COVID-19 vaccine were injected. Thus, the total number of doses of vaccine injected is 248,793,043 doses, of which:
+ Number of injections for people aged 18 and over is 214,968.753 doses: 1st dose is 71,310,035 doses; The second dose is 68,878.760 doses; The third dose (Abdala vaccine) is 1,513,686 doses; The additional dose is 13,945,355 doses; The first booster dose is 48,666,668 doses; The second booster dose is 10,654,249 doses.
+ Number of doses for children from 12-17 years old is 21,070,634 doses: 1st dose is 9,057,469 doses; The second dose is 8,714,172 doses; The first booster dose is 3,298,993 doses.
+ Number of doses for children from 5-11 years old is 12,753,656 doses: 1st dose is 8,206,303 doses; The second dose is 4,547,353 doses.
In the world
– The whole world has 589,631,796 infections, of which 561,139,944 cases have recovered; 6,436,837 deaths and 22,055,015 cases under treatment (43,746 cases of severe disease).
– During the day, the number of infections in the world increased 489,425 cases, deaths increased by 818 cases.
– Europe increased 88,183 cases; North America increased 17,327 cases; South America increased 34,351 cases; Asia increased by 323,920 cases; Africa increased 1,154 cases; Oceania increased 24,490 cases.
– In Southeast Asia, the day recorded 18,343 cases, of which: Indonesia increased 4,279 cases, Malaysia increased 2,728 cases, Thailand increased 1,842 cases, Philippines increased 4,621 cases, Singapore increased 4,798 cases, Myanmar increased 8 cases, Laos increased 32 cases. cases, Cambodia increased 35 cases, East Timor increased 0 cases.