The number of tourists visiting caves in Phong Nha is also managed to a permissible level
On September 21, Pham Hong Thai, director of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, said that the national park had just submitted a report to the UNESCO World Heritage Committee on its recommendation to the People’s Committee of Quang Ninh province. Vase and previous garden.
The report outlines concerns about infrastructure projects near the caves, measures needed to avoid an increase in the number of tourists visiting the caves, and to address threats posed by 14 invasive species at the site. this world natural product.
According to Mr. Thai, since the end of 2018, the garden has received the warning index from the World Heritage Committee about the above recommendations. Since then, the garden and the province have completely stopped the swing project (said to be the longest in the world here) of Phu Sa Do Company, in order to avoid invasive impacts on the heritage.
In 2020, the garden also implemented basic eradication of invasive species of plants called yellow flower vase and some other species of 14 species recommended by the World Heritage Committee.
Up to now, in the heritage of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, there are no activities, works or projects that can harm the heritage, the number of tourists visiting the cave is also controlled (as with Son Doong). ) or in normal numbers like Phong Nha, Tien Son, Thien Duong…
By 2022, the garden will have a final report on the implementation of the 2018 recommendations of the World Heritage Committee.