In China, there is a phrase used to refer to stubborn households who refuse to move to another place, which is “nail family” (rooted forever refusing to leave). Real estate investors often have a headache with such households.
In 2012, there was a story that attracted the attention of a lot of Chinese public opinion, it was the story of a family in Henan province, who were compensated more than 8.8 billion yuan (equivalent to more than 30,000 billion dong). for the house but still refused to accept demolition. So what happened here?
The house is located next to the newly built urban area (Photo: QQ)
Dong Shi Ma hamlet, in Zhengzhou city, Henan province carried out a relocation project implemented by an investor, including a house belonging to Mr. Nham’s family.
Although the investor offered a compensation of 8 billion yuan, he still could not make Mr. Ren accept the demolition. The reason he gave was that this house was left by his ancestors, very valuable, so he could not let it be demolished.
The investor was helpless, but did not believe what Mr. Nham said, so he had to invite cultural experts to come and evaluate. As a result, the experts also immediately put a stop to the demolition.
The priceless house of the four synagogues
According to the research of experts and Mr. Nham’s story, the owner of this house, ie Mr. Nham’s ancestor, is Nham Nhi Cong (Nham Duc Hinh), the Bo Chinh Su mandarin, second rank in the Hoang dynasty. Emperor Dao Quang (1820-1850) Qing Dynasty.
This place was originally the residence of the Qing Dynasty mandarin. At the entrance of the palace, there is a picture of “recovering the main country” (helping in national affairs, a title usually only given to people with meritorious services by the emperor) showing the important status of the owner. people in the imperial court.
Outside a room in the “Four Institutes”
The house has the typical classical architecture of the mandarins of the Qing Dynasty, which is the architecture of the four courtyards (four blocks around a yard). Previously, the entire palace had 7 blocks of houses, but today only 2 blocks of houses with an area of about 3 acres remain.
The house was built of gray bricks in the Qing Dynasty, the decorative patterns on the roof or carved on wood such as the fairy cranes of the Van Hai, the herbal plants, the unicorns, etc., are kept almost intact.
In addition, inside the house, almost everywhere you can see traditional antiques such as Thanh Hoa porcelain, red copper teapots, Qing Dynasty mandarins, ink research… all appear ancient. and lively.
In 2017, with the permission of the Culture Department of Henan Province, Mr. Nham’s house became a private museum called Zhengzhou Tianxiang Museum, officially open to the public to visit for free.
This place has become the pride of not only Mr. Nham’s family but also of Henan province, an invaluable historical asset of a bygone era of China.
Take a look at the architectural images of the house:
The entrance gate and very simple signboard of the Museum
Tomb of Nham Nhi Cong – Nham Duc Hinh
The entrance gate with the royal concubine “restored the main state”
Qing Dynasty military uniforms
Porcelain displays handed down by ancestors
Old tables and chairs from the Qing Dynasty
Exquisite carving patterns
Carved lotus flowers and winding dragons
Wood carvings of dragons and plum blossoms
Roof with sophisticated wood tenon technique