Currently, the situation of the COVID-19 epidemic in the world is forecasted to remain complicated and unpredictable with the appearance of many new variants. The World Health Organization continues to affirm that up to now, vaccination is still a strategic solution to control the COVID-19 epidemic.
Vietnam has rapidly increased the rate of vaccine coverage, but in some places, vaccination has not met the requirements, the vaccination progress is still slow.
In the country, the COVID-19 epidemic situation is still basically under control, socio-economic activities have returned to normal. However, in recent times, the number of new cases, the number of hospitalizations and severe cases are on an increasing trend; many localities have recorded new variants of the virus with the ability to spread faster than the original strains; appeared many diseases such as dengue fever, seasonal flu, hand foot and mouth disease … Vietnam has rapidly increased the rate of vaccine coverage, but in some places, vaccination has not met the requirements, the vaccination progress is still slow. slow, especially the 2nd injection for children from 5 years old to under 12 years old, the 3rd and 4th injections for people 18 years old and older is still low.
In order to continue to protect and sustainably maintain the results of COVID-19 prevention and control, especially in the context that the epidemic is at risk of increasing, creating conditions for recovery and socio-economic development, the Prime Minister Government requires:
1. Regarding vaccination against COVID-19:
– Steering Committee for COVID-19 prevention and control, Chairman of People’s Committees of provinces and centrally run cities; Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, agencies attached to the Government according to their assigned functions and tasks, focus on directing the strict and effective implementation of vaccination in accordance with the direction of the Government, the Prime Minister and the Committee direct the nation to prevent and control the COVID-19 epidemic, to complete the vaccination for all ages according to the guidance of the Ministry of Health.
– Chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities directly direct and take responsibility for vaccination in the area, ensuring the progress in accordance with the direction of the Government, the Prime Minister and the Steering Committee. National guidelines and timely and effective use of the allocated number of COVID-19 vaccines, avoiding waste. Directing all levels of government in the area to go every alley, knock door to door, check each person; continue to urgently organize mobile vaccination, in areas with low rate of 2nd injection for children from 5 years old to under 12 years old, 3rd and 4th injections for people 18 years old and older to ensure the target. suggest.
– The Ministry of Health will strengthen inspection and urge localities to vaccinate, promptly report to the Prime Minister for direction for localities that fail to ensure the progress.
2. Regarding dealing with new variants:
– The Ministry of Health closely follows the developments of the COVID-19 epidemic in the world, strengthens the exchange and information, consults international experiences and experts’ opinions to assess and forecast the disease’s evolution due to the COVID-19 pandemic. new pathogens, conduct community immunity assessment, proactively advise appropriate response solutions and organize timely and effective implementation. In case of exceeding competence, report to the Government or the Prime Minister.
– Chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and centrally run cities shall direct the review and update of scenarios, fully prepare human resources, drugs, equipment and medical supplies, and be ready for any epidemic situation. diseases may occur, ensuring people access to medical services fastest, earliest, right at the facility; resolutely respond promptly and effectively in the event of a resurgence of the disease. Any agency or locality that fails to promptly control the epidemic to spread the disease on a large scale must be held accountable to the Party, State and People.
3. Regarding information and communication work:
– The Ministry of Health proactively and promptly provides updated information on the epidemic situation, especially the risk caused by new variants, and measures to prevent and control the epidemic.
– The Ministry of Information and Communications, Vietnam Television Station, Voice of Vietnam Radio, press agencies, authorities at all levels continue to promote information and propaganda work so that people strictly observe regulations. of the law on epidemic prevention and control, actively vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect themselves, their families and the community./.