In addition to water, most other drinks are considered unhealthy and can cause fat. However, the doctor has suggested a drink that can help the oral cavity antibacterial and reduce tooth decay. It is unsweetened green tea.
This is one of the healthy drinks, containing a lot of antioxidants, so it has the effect of preventing cell damage, preventing cardiovascular disease, cancer and preventing the aging process. In particular, green tea also contains caffeine to help refresh the mind and fight stress. Phenols present in green tea help detoxify the liver and improve digestion.
The doctor has suggested a drink that can help the oral cavity antibacterial and reduce tooth decay. It’s unsweetened green tea
Dr. Chen Yuhong, an orthopedic spine specialist (Yadong Hospital, Banqiao, Taiwan) recommends that in the afternoon when you are sluggish, not alert, people can drink green tea without sugar to reduce the risk of disease. periodontal. In addition, you can also gargle with this water to receive many benefits.
Doctors reveal 4 benefits of drinking or gargling with green tea
1. Reduce dental plaque: Green tea contains catechins, which have antibacterial and bactericidal effects, which can kill bad bacteria such as periodontal pathogens, tooth decay bacteria. You can also gargle with unsweetened green tea water to reduce your chances of getting oral diseases.
2. Increase bone density: Studies have shown that drinking green tea can increase bone density, especially keep the bone density of the spine, lumbar, and hip joints, which can be maintained in a healthy state and reduce the risk of disease. fracture.
3. Strengthen tooth enamel: The high fluoride content in green tea can reduce the risk of tooth decay and strengthen tooth enamel. Therefore, you should rinse your mouth with this water before sleeping.
4. Reduce oxidative damage: Research by Texas Tech University indicates that green tea polyphenols can reduce oxidative damage and promote bone regeneration.
Regarding the benefits of tea, nutritionist Yang Sihan once mentioned that tea polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants that can prevent cancer, reduce blood sugar. In addition, Yang Sihan also pointed out that tea contains many vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, “fluorine” is beneficial for bones and teeth.
If you drink green tea, you need to remember 2 important notes
1. Don’t drink green tea overnight
Do not drink green tea right near bedtime because caffeine will wake up the mind, making it more difficult to sleep. Do not use green tea to take medicine because the activity in tea will reduce the effect of the drug
Green tea is best used during the day, if not, it should be thrown away, absolutely do not drink tea overnight because it will produce substances that are not good for the body.
Do not drink green tea right near bedtime because caffeine will wake up the mind, making it more difficult to sleep
2. Don’t drink too strong tea
Although green tea is very good for treating high blood pressure, solid tea can stimulate the brain, create a feeling of restlessness, and cause insomnia. In addition, caffeine can promote heart palpitations, easily leading to arrhythmias, which is very dangerous for the elderly and patients with coronary heart disease.
Condensed tea contains too much caffeine, theophylline, etc. will irritate the stomach wall and cause increased acid secretion. Over time, the stomach lining will be irritated, causing damage, especially easy to cause stomach ulcers. Chinese survey shows that about 70% of gastric ulcer patients prefer to drink solid tea.